Often, business owners invest thousands of dollars on website design, logo design and brochure design but neglect their business card design. Many people assume that once a prospect reads their company brochure or visits their website, they will have no desire to look at a business card. However, that is not the case.
If you want to make a good impression, you have to spend a little time on making sure your business card design is topnotch. Believe it or not, your clients will judge your business by the appearance of your business card. If your business card looks as though it was designed from a secondhand card supply company, people will get turned off.
To avoid your loss because of poor card design quality, follow these business card design tips:
- Create a readable business card. Having a colorful and highly attractive business card is great, just don’t overdo it. Remember, your ultimate goal is to create a business card that communicates the type of business you’re into and how people should contact you. This isn’t an art competition.
- Make sure your font sizes are large enough to read. The color of your text should stand out against the background of the business card. Choose a color that makes it easy for people to read.
- Create a business card that stands out. Whether you hand out business cards at your place of business, a conference, seminar or a tradeshow, your prospects will probably already have a dozen cards stuffed in their wallets. You’ll want to make sure your business card is unique. Consider including your best photo on the card, use attractive colors and a high-quality gloss card stock.
- Create a memorable slogan. When you create a short slogan, it will help your new and existing clients remember the type of service you provide. This is very important if your business provides a service that’s not easily recognizable from your business name. For example, let’s say you own a one-hour photo shop and your company name is 1 Hour Pro, use a slogan like: “Providing professional 1-hour photo service”.
- Make sure your business cards are printed on quality card stock. You can spoil a great business card design if it is printed on poor quality paper and printed from a cheap printer. This will give your prospects the impression that they’re dealing with a second grade company. Always hire a professional to print your business cards.
- Don’t forget to include your website and email address. Every potential client you meet will want to know your website and email address. These contact items should always be included on your business card.
Want to really make a great impact with your business card design?
Hire a professional graphic designer to create the perfect image for your company. Flying Cow Design, a Print Design and Web Design Company takes print design to a whole new level. Their philosophy is, “If you want great print design, you need to talk to someone that understands print design”.
When you hire someone who knows every detail of print design, you can rest assured that you will receive your money’s worth.