Sometimes it pays to take two steps back from your website and do a critical review. Like most business owners, you may have also added new pages and features to your site over the years, but …
Have you REALLY looked at the content that has been added?
Is your content logically organized for customers to find the information they are looking for easily?
Can search engines easily navigate through your content in order to display your pages in the search results?
Organizing the content on your site logically can have a lot of benefits:
- Customers will find the information they are looking for quickly which will reduce the chances of them giving up on your site and going elsewhere
- If content is better organized, a customer may discover a product or service he/she didn’t previously know about
- Having the correct menu structure and framework to absorb any new content that gets added will mean that your site is scalable and can grow as your business grows
- Grouping or categorizing content into subject areas will lead to lesser confusion about the pages among the users
- Search engines are starting to think more like humans in an effort to make sure their search results are more meaningful to their users. As a result, they will only show pages that they think will be easy for humans to navigate and understand. Hence, even from the SEO perspective, your website will rank higher in search results only if it has well organized navigation and pages. Higher rankings in search results can lead to more clicks and business for you!
Owning a website need not necessarily mean that you know everything about handling its content. Taking the help of experts in dealing with your site content can go a long way in helping you achieve the results you want. It can also save you a lot of precious time.
If you come to us, our content team will review your site and give you suggestions and recommendations for better organization of your site’s categories and pages.
Contact Flying Cow Design today to discuss the various options that are available to you for better organization of your site content.